Sign up for a gym membership in Shoreview. Eat clean and stick to a nutrition plan. Experience a new workout class. Reach your optimal weight.
We’ve all gone through it. It’s the new year, and we set particular resolutions. Then we quit in just a few weeks. Why does this happen?
1. Create Fitness Goals, Not Resolutions
Resolutions are a steadfast decision to do or not do a behavior. Consequently, they’re exact and can be discouraging.
Goals are an objective of your drive, an aim or a desired outcome. They sound less dreadful—and more possible.
Imagine you approach 2020 with the outlook of making reachable goals, instead of making formidable resolutions? Rethinking your thinking process and being nicer to yourself is the first move toward progress.
2. Choose SMART Fitness Goals
Your goals for 2020 may incorporate:
- Professional—getting a new title at work.
- Health—starting a strength training routine.
- Personal—reading additional books.
Now that you’ve established your goals, how do you remain determined to reaching them?
SMART goals inspire you to achieve targets and acknowledge victories along the way.
How Do You Choose a SMART Goal?
SMART signifies specific, measurable, achievable, realistic and time-based. These goals are clear but not overpowering.
Your SMART goals could involve:
- Read for 20 minutes before sleeping each night this week.
- Have veggies at each meal this week.
- Go for walks after your evening meal daily this week.
Creating SMART goals will prevent you from being overwhelmed by what you want to reach.
3. Share Your Fitness Goals with a Family Member
Don’t forget to share your goals with someone! Having an accountability partner can aid you in keeping with your goal during the process.
4. Sign Up for a Free Week at FXB Shoreview
Prepared to finally reach your fitness goals today?
Choosing (and meeting) goals is merely one part of the healthy lifestyle we develop at Farrell's Shoreview. Sign up for a free week and discover how we can help you reach your goals.