Let’s be real, nutrition is one of the most difficult changes our [[companyame1]] members go through, but it’s also the most rewarding. Healthy eating in general has become more confusing and more ridiculous as new diets and crazes are constantly emerging.
Diets don’t work. Why? Because most diets focus on cutting back on something, like calories, carbs, or fat. Not only is this unhealthy, but also impractical. Our bodies are machines that need to be fueled the correct way to work properly. Depriving your body of vital nutrients is harmful to both your physical and mental health. In addition, research shows that only 1% of people who diet alone actually get rid of their excess weight, and more often, gain it all back and sometimes more.
Good nutrition is an important piece of our program. Since our original 10-week challenge in 2001, Farrell's has had the same approach when it comes to nutrition—keeping it uncomplicated! It’s not a diet, it’s a lifestyle change in food consumption.
How we eat, what we eat, and the “ingredients” in our food have significantly changed over the years. We show our members how to make healthy choices and give them the tools and resources to succeed.
So, what makes Farrell's nutrition program unique?
- Food is fuel. This is the most important part of our nutrition program. Many people use food as an escape, a friend, or an indulgence. While it’s nice to splurge every once in a while, it’s become accepted in our society causing obesity to become an epidemic. Our members learn that food is fuel for our bodies and should be treated in that fashion. Nothing more.
- We don’t count calories! Whew! Finally, a nutrition program that doesn’t count calories! We don’t pay attention to calories because many foods have empty calories. Also, a food may be higher in calories, but have a better fiber content and carb/protein ratio, which is more significant than the calories.
- The right formula. We follow a specific formula to determine your carb/protein ratio for each meal based on your body composition. This helps you determine how many carbs and how much protein you should be eating to fuel your body until your next meal or snack, allowing your body to stay in “burn mode” as opposed to “store mode.” We also teach about good and bad fat. We need to include good fat in our diets as it supplies our bodies with needed nutrients and vitamins we can’t get anywhere else.
- Eat less, but more often! Over the course of three hours after we eat, food goes into our blood stream—known as blood sugar or your glycemic index. If too much fuel is eaten, our bodies go into “store mode” turning excess sugars into fat. Too little and we start to starve our muscles. Our members eat smaller, proportioned meals every three hours to fill up the tank, so to speak, to keep their body in “burn mode.”
- Fun Day. This is what makes our nutrition program sensible. Farrell's Fun Day is one day during the week (usually Sunday) where our members are allowed to celebrate their week’s successes. This is when they can have those indulgences. You can eat what and how much you want on your Fun Day, as long as you put in your Level 10 during the week with your workouts and nutrition plan!
- Water. Our bodies are mostly made up of water, so drinking the right amount of water is essential to our overall health. Water keeps our body and muscles hydrated, as well as helps ease muscle soreness. Our members strive to drink at least 10 glasses of water a day. Drinking a glass of water before eating will help fill you up faster, allowing you to keep portions in check.
So, you could spend a lot of money on fad diets, specific meals that keep track of points, tracking calories or cutting every delicious food from your meals.
Or for a fraction of the cost of a diet plan alone, you could sign up for Farrell's next 10-week session and find out how to live a healthy lifestyle and eat normal, good-tasting food! You’ll learn how to eat healthy and participate in intense workouts that burn fat, build muscle, and increase your confidence and energy.
Find a location to learn more about our comprehensive program and to enroll! You won’t believe how much you can transform in just 10 weeks with Farrell’s.
FYI—You can eat bread each day with the Farrell's program too!